Saint Louis University is a private Catholic university located in the city of Baguio, Philippines. Saint Louis University is the largest university north of Manila with more than 30,000 students (not counting the elementary and high school) as of academic year 2016-2017. It is centrally situated in a six-hectare campus in the heart of Baguio City and has more than 30 buildings.
The university offers programs at the elementary, secondary, undergraduate and graduate levels. The university comprises eight schools or colleges with campuses throughout the Baguio metropolitan area. Saint Louis University is regarded as one of the Philippines' respected and leading educational institutions that has grown with the demands of the current and future environments for its students and faculty alike.
Around two hundred fifty kilometers north of Manila lies Baguio City, known to be the "Summer Capital of the Philippines" that enjoys temperate climate all year round. From a village resort established by the Americans, Baguio has become the Northern Philippines' center of business and commerce as well as the center of education. Saint Louis University has played a pivotal role in the evolution of the City into a center for learning in the North.
Today, SLU is the largest university north of Manila with more than 30,000 students from the elementary, high school and college levels. Its reputation for excellence attracts students and scholars not only from the Philippines but from other countries as well. It has sustained itself since 1911 to become one of the top centers of academic excellence in the Philippines that meet international standards in tertiary education.
- The applicant must be a holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Arts or is expected to finish the course before the start of the academic year.
- The applicant must fill up completely and accurately one (1) application form available at the Office of the Dean, School of Medicine and submit the accomplished form to the same office
- The applicant must submit the application form PERSONALLY in a LONG FOLDER and with the following:
• Original and photocopy of the original, complete, latest transcript of records
• Certification from the Registrar of his or her University (if not indicated on the transcript) stating the subject he/she is taking in the second semester to complete the prerequisite subjects for admission.
• Students who graduated and conferred with a Degree and those currently enrolled (4th Year College), are required to submit a Certification from the school of his or her general weighted average
• Original and photocopy of the Certificate of Graduation, National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) results, Certificate of Live Birth printed on National Statistics Office (NSO) security paper, Certificate of Good Moral Character
• Transfer credential or honorable dismissal (except SLU graduates).
• Two (2) recommendation letters from two (2) school officials (except SLU graduates).
• Three (3) 2x2 ID pictures taken within sixty (60) days as of the date of application.
- All applicants are required to pay PhP415 for application form and PhP3, 025 to cover application processing fee. For non-resident aliens the fee is $525 preferably in check payable to Saint Louis University, Inc. The official receipt must be enclosed with the application folder
- The applicant must undergo an interview for evaluation on non-intellectual qualities. Interview will be done on/or a day after submission of above-mentioned requirements, depending on the availability of interviewers.
- As per CHED recommendation, the applicant must have taken and met the National Medical Admission Test (NMAT) percentile rank of 40 and above.