Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University
Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University (LNMU) is one of the oldest and biggest medical educational institutions in Ukraine. It is one of the leading medical universities of the IV level of accreditation. LNMU begins from the Medical Faculty of Lviv University, which was opened on November 16, 1784, according to the privilege of the Austrian emperor Josef II. In 2009 University celebrated its 225 anniversary.
LNMU provides admission for foreign citizens to the undergraduate education at Faculty of General Medicine, Faculty of Dentistry and Faculty of Pharmacy, also provides admission for Preparatory Course and Postgraduate Training.
Beginning from 1961 University provides education for foreign citizens. During 50 years over 2,5 thousand doctors and pharmacists - foreigners have got education here and have been working successfully as doctors and pharmacists in many countries of the world. Education is provided in Ukrainian, Russian Language, and since 1997 the teaching of foreign students in English has been launched and is rapidly developing. Now 70% of University foreign students study in English Medium Program.
University library contains more than 530000 volumes of textbooks, manuals and other relevant medical literature. Library has modern computer equipment. She has Internet connection and is connected with other scientific city libraries.
University in the Member of International and European Associations of Universities, and also is the member of almost 70 another international organizations, academies, federations. University is included into Directory of World Health Organization (WHO) and into Directory of Universities of Central European countries. In terms of University activities LNMU has the leading positions in ratings of higher educational institutions and higher medical educational institutions of Ukraine (Scopus 2010 – the 2nd place among medical universities and academies of Ukraine).
Clinical departments of University have the fund of more than 10000 beds (41 affiliated hospitals), 9 polyclinic departments with 3510 attendances during shift, University dental medical centre for more than 2000 attendances during shift.
University scientists closely cooperate with foreign colleagues in different spheres of medicine and pharmacy. Agreements of cooperation in the area of medical education and research were signed and are fulfilled between LNMU and Jagiellonian University Medical College (Krakow, Poland), Silesian Medical University (Katowice, Poland), Lublin Medical University (Poland), Poznan Medical University (Poland), Medical University in Warsaw (Poland), Wroclaw Medical University (Poland), Medical University in Gdansk (Poland), Medical University in Bialystok (Poland), Medical University in Sofia (Bulgaria).
University departments and laboratories participate in 12 scientific programs of Ukrainian Ministry of Health and international organizations. More than 50 research projects are carried out together with Ukrainian and foreign partners.
1 Admission and education conditions for foreign citizens.
• Academic Year starts September 1
• Preparatory course starts October 1
2 Admission documents required
• Giving out the Invitation to study for foreign citizens is carried out by Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and also by the University under the following circumstances:
foreigners should present all the required documents (or copies) to the University under Visa support done by Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
• The educational program of all faculties of Danylo Halytsky Lviv National Medical University is conducted in Ukrainian, English and Russian languages (according to the choice).
Foreign citizens should present the following documents
• Application to the name of the Rector of the University with request for enrollment for studies at the University on the commercial basis
• Completed application form (including full name, date of birth, passport number, citizenship, permanent address, phone, fax and e-mail of applicant)
• Original of Transcript of high school or college/university education with complete listing of courses, together with Originals of all diplomas, certifications and licenses (should be translated into Ukrainian language and legalized by the Notary public and by the Ukrainian Embassy in your country)
• Original of Birth Certificate (should be translated into Ukrainian language and legalized by the Notary public and by the Ukrainian Embassy in your country)
• Copy of inner page(s) of Passport
• Results of physical examination (should be translated into Ukrainian language and legalized by the Notary public and by the Ukrainian Embassy in your country)
• Results of laboratory test for the presence of the AIDS virus (should be translated into Ukrainian language and legalized by the Notary public and by the Ukrainian Embassy in your country)
• 12 photographs measuring 3x4 cm each with white background.
The Tuition Fees for foreign citizens in Ukraine are determined by fixed order of the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Economics of Ukraine.
Foreign citizens can be enrolled to the University after their Chemistry and Ukrainian, English or Russian Entrance Interview results.
Foreign citizens, who are given with state grants according to the international agreements, general state programs, other international obligations Of Ukraine, can be enrolled to the University on the basis of the documents from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine within the limits of state order.
Foreign citizens can be enrolled to the University after signing the Contract for study with the University and having paid Tuition and Hostel Fees.
Medical speciality :
• From the first to the fifth year faculty students study according to unified schedules and programs with the specialization in the sixth year. Special-ization includes the profound study of Internal Diseases, Surgical Diseases, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinical Pharmacology and Immunology, Anaesthesiology, Infectious Diseases.
• After graduating from the university specialists can choose the following specialities: Surgery, Therapy, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Anaesthesiology and Reanimatology, X-ray Diagnostics and Therapy, Ultra-sound Diagnos-tics and others.
The students' hostels are located near the main academic buildings. Students can be accommodated in 8 hostels with everything needed for studying (including internet clubs and reading rooms), everyday life (with canteens, cafes, the sewing and footwear work-shops, the barber's and the laundry open) and rest ( gyms available)