Odessa State Medical University
Odessa State Medical University was established in 1900. This university is a member of the European Universities Union and is the biggest Medical University in the Ukraine.
The university has 800 lecturers, 18 academicians, 105 professors and doctors, 407 assistant doctors and assistant professors.
In 2007, Odessa State Medical University was positioned 107. place in the world’s universities list.
There are more than 4500 students in the university, and more than 1500 of this are foreign students from 57 different countries.
The courses include the equipment with the state-of-the art modern medical technologies.
The campus was built on a 27.000 m2 field and consists of 18 blocks, 48 clinics, 6 dormitories, a library which has about 1 million books, a publishing department, computer center, sports center and a modern guest house on the coast of the Black Sea.
Today the Odessa National Medical University remains one of the leading medical universities in Ukraine. It is a member of the International Association of Medical Universities and the high standards of training at the institution is well recognized throughout Europe and America. The University consists of 58 faculties and has a student population of over 6,000 including foreign students from very different and diverse countries. Tuition is given in Russian, Ukrainian and English languages.
At present time at the university more than 1000 foreign students have the opportunity to use high-quality and modern information services, new student library, study books that are written by professors of the University and published in ONMedU. Continuing the tradition of educational work with foreign students in ONMedU operates a comprehensive approach to learning and international education fully developed personality, which aims to create a friendly atmosphere, good conditions for learning and a comprehensive and mutually enriching review of our countries, their history and culture. Medical degree were more than 7 thousand people.
The current educational work with foreign students has been repeatedly identified Diplomas Office for Youth Policy, Office of European Integration of Odessa City Council, diplomas Department on Nationalities and Religions of the Odessa Regional State Administration, as well as representatives of diplomatic corps in different countries.
The UG course in General Medicine is of 6 years duration and is conducted in English / Russian / French medium. Those who adopt for course in Russian medium shall undergo Preparatory course (Russian language course) of one year duration, which is in addition to 6 years. After completion of 6 years of UG course student is conferred with “MD Physician” degree, which is equivalent to M.B.B.S. in India.
The University’s library is one of the oldest in the country and has the book fund of a million of copies. It is an informative center, which can provide students with necessary information in the accessible form.
A new students’ library is a modern building which has been working since 2008. It provides students not only with traditional paper textbooks, but it became one of the first in Ukraine electronic library for medical students.
A comfortable, spacious reading-room, a computer room can give places to 130 students at a time. Thus, one can work not only at the workstation but also thanks to wireless network all 130 places of the reading-room are informatively active. The students can come with their own laptops and to get any necessary information. It is possible to get it also on any electronic media.
The requirements for Ukrainian Study visa are the following:
1. Original Passport (minimum valid for one year)
2. Original Invitation Letter from Odessa National Medical University
3. Confirmation Letter from Ministry to Embassy of Ukraine in the required country
4. Secondary School Certificate (attested by ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs – translated into Russian/Ukrainian language)
5. Birth Certificate (attested by ministry of foreign affairs)(translated into Russian/Ukrainian language)
6. Medical Test confirming phyical and mental fitness(attested by ministry of foreign affairs – translated into Russian/Ukrainian language)
7. AID/HIV Test (attested by ministry of foreign affairs)(translated into Russian/Ukrainian language)
8. Filled Application form
9. 4 PHOTOS of size 3.5 x 4.5
The invitation/ visa support letter will be issued by the International department of Odessa National Medical University of Ukraine.
We require the following documents to issue an invitation letter to student:
Copy of International passport
Copy of Higher Secondary school certificate
Filled application form
You can send us these documents by email; there is no need to send them in original to get an invitation/visa support letter.
All the documents which were presented at embassy should must bring with him/her when arrives to Ukraine.
Students must inform about their flight details to Ukraine minimum three days prior to arrival that we should make arrangements to receive them at the airport. Our representative will receive every student at the airport.
We strongly recommend that every student must bring the complete documents and amount for first year expenses with him/her.
Please make sure before leaving your country that all below said documents should be along with you, the immigration officials in the airport will demand for these documents. • Original Invitation Letter
• First year complete charges
• General Medical certificate – Fitness certificate (should be translated and attested by embassy of Ukraine)
• Certificate showing absence of HIV- (should be translated and attested by embassy of Ukraine)
• 10 photographs measuring 3×4 size each.
• Original School certificates – (should be translated and attested by embassy of Ukraine).
• Original Birth certificate-(should be translated and attested by embassy of Ukraine).
• One Photostat copy of your passport and Ukrainian visa which is issued by the Ukraine embassy.
• The flight ticket should be to and fro to your home country(i.e. open ticket)
STEP 3: ARRIVAL
After getting visa from Ukraine embassy or Consulate, students should inform us about his/her flight details with date and arrival time.
One of our representatives shall receive the student at the airport.
In case student will not inform us about his/her arrival, he/she shall be deported back to homeland.